Health and Social Care
Welcome to the Health and Social Care Department
The Curriculum Leader may be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide a Health and Social Care curriculum which develop learners who are inspired and engaged to learn about the field and Health Care and Social Care.
Health and Social Care Department Aims
- Foster an appreciation and awareness of the field of Health Care.
- Develop an awareness of their roles and responsibilities as a Health and Social Care Service Provider.
- Understand the care values and technical skills and knowledge required to work with special needs.
- Develop a broad range of knowledge and transferrable skills, useful across subjects and highly valued by employers (these include Nursing, Midwifery, Childcare, etc.).
- Fully equip students with knowledge and understanding to succeed in Health and Social Care at KS4, 5 and beyond.
Facilities and Resources
Health and Social Care is taught across three classrooms, each with an interactive whiteboard and computers. This allows for pupils to conduct further research, beyond the context of the textbook.
At the level of KS5, pupils will have an opportunity to participate in work placements to gain valuable work experiences in Health Care, Childcare and Social Care settings.
Students are taught following regularly updated schemes of learning, which meet the National Curriculum and examination requirements.