Please see below for important examination information, documents and timetables
Please note that due to external factors, exam timetables are subject to small changes so we recommend that students and parents should be mindful of this and check the school website for the most updated version.
Please note that we are unable to accept Private Candidates.
Below is the JCQ link which will show the centres who are willing to accept private exam entries. Simply enter the postcode, select the type of qualification and the exam board you wish to enter and click submit. Results will be listed by proximity to the postcode you entered. Click on the centre details for further information or contact the school directly with your queries.
Please note that Copthall School is not responsible for updating the centre list as this is owned by JCQ.
The Examination Officer is Mrs Rawji who can be contacted via email: email@example.com
Exam success hints and tips for students:
- Arrive 15 mins to 30 mins prior to the start of the exam. Refrain from bringing mobile phones, watches, MP3/4 players and/or any type of electronic communication or storage device into the exam room. If found in possession during an examination (even if it is turned off) we are obliged to report the infringement to the awarding body.
- IDs must be placed face up on the exam table next to the seat number so that the invigilator can check them without disturbing students.
- Water bottles must be clear of any markings or labels.
- Ensure you have all the correct equipment before your exams. For Mathematics and Science exams, students should ensure their calculators conform to examinations regulations. The cover should be removed and left with your possessions. ENSURE YOU HAVE NEW BATTERIES.
- Do not draw graffiti or write offensive comments on examination papers – if you do the examination board may refuse to accept your paper.
- Please do not write on examination desks. This is regarded as vandalism and you will be asked to pay for the repair/ cleaning.
- Students are expected to behave in a respectful manner towards all invigilators and follow their instructions at all times.
- As most of the exams are quite long or you might have more than one exam in one day, it is advisable that you have a snack and a bottle of water (without the label) with you. Please note you cannot eat in the exam hall but you are allowed a bottle of water.
The school is only required to keep your certificates for a year, so it is very important that you collect your certificates on time. Valid photo identification must be provided on collection and all certificate collections must be signed by the recipient.
If you are unable to collect in person, you can give permission to a representative to do so on your behalf. Please complete the candidate permission form, sign it and hand it to the main school reception on the day of collection. The named representative must have a valid ID with them that will be the same as the ID details mentioned on the candidate permission form.
Certificates for Academic Year 2022/2023
Please click on this link for certificate collection information.
Certificates for Academic Year 2021/2022 and prior
These certificates have now been destroyed. Please contact the individual exam boards for copies. Below are the contact details for the exam boards.
LOST / REPLACEMENT CERTIFICATES
0800 1977 162
0845 6180 440
012 2355 3998
029 2026 5465
CITY & GUILDS
0844 5430 033
023 8068 4500
Please click on this link for a fantastic resource to help you study and be successful in your exams. http://www.open.ac.uk/skillsforstudy/