Welcome to the Geography Department
The Curriculum Leader may be contacted via email email@example.com
To provide a Geography curriculum which develops outstanding learners who are inspired and engaged in the world around them
Geography Department Aims
- Foster an appreciation and awareness of the world and the impacts humans have on the environment at local, national and global scales.
- Develop an awareness of their roles and responsibilities as global citizens.
- Understand the physical environment and the way humans interact with their environment.
- Develop a broad range of geographical and transferrable skills, useful across subjects and highly valued by employers (these include ICT, numeracy, literacy skills).
- Fully equip students with knowledge and understanding to succeed in Geography at KS4, 5 and beyond.
Facilities and Resources
Geography is taught across three classrooms, each with an interactive whiteboard. Pupils have access to a range to textbooks and differentiated resources, as well as fieldwork equipment.
Students are taught following regularly updated schemes of learning which meet the National Curriculum and examination requirements.