Teacher of Health and Social CareBack to Vacancies
Full Time - MPS/UPS
Suitable for ECTs
Copthall School is looking to appoint an energetic and passionate teacher of Health and Social Care to join the school’s thriving Social Sciences Team.
Health and Social Care is a popular subject at Copthall, attracting students of all abilities across Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5. The school is committed to supporting the subject to grow and develop both in the classroom and through the school’s wider enrichment offer and we are seeking a committed and enthusiastic teacher to support this development.
The successful candidate will be a well-qualified and highly motivated Health and Social Care teacher who is a strong team player and whose passion for Health and Social Care will inspire and engage our students in this field. As a school we strive to deliver a broad and diverse curriculum, and you will be a practitioner who is equally committed to this goal.
Copthall School is looking to appoint a teacher who:
• Will deliver a consistently high quality of teaching, learning and assessment across Key Stage 4 and 5
• Ideally has a proven track record, but certainly the potential to secure excellent student outcomes in examinations
• Will champion our students to ensure that regardless of their starting point, so that they are able to make excellent progress utilising the school’s three Rs of ‘Ready, Responsive and Reflective’ learning
• Is committed to developing curriculum and enrichment activities within the Social Sciences department, specifically within Health and Social Care
• Will raise the profile of Health and Social Care across the school and the wider community
We can offer:
• A supportive, energetic collaborative and experienced Social Sciences Team
• Opportunities to develop your practice both at a subject and wider pedagogical level
• Access to our unique partnership with Mill Hill Independent School
• Passionate, talented, and enthusiastic students
Copthall is a beacon of success and has been featured regularly on a range of media platforms: https://www.copthallschool.org.uk/238/news-events.
Our commitment to staff development and staff welfare is exceptionally strong and is evident in the calm and purposeful atmosphere you will find at our school. We are looking for staff who are committed to developing confident and capable learners and who are prepared to work hard for every single student.
At Copthall, all staff, whether in teaching or support roles, are highly valued and their contribution to our students is appreciated by the whole school community. The school provides an environment for staff to thrive and develop professionally, whilst enhancing the experience of Copthall students.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the School’s Virtual tour accessible via: https://360imagephotography.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Copthall+School/index.htm
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply: Application forms must be completed and are available from the school website: www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 23rd May 2022 (9am) - The school reserves the right to commence the interview process at any time prior to the closing date so early application is recommended.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to promoting safeguarding and the protection of children and vulnerable adults.