Message from the Director of Sixth Form
Our Sixth Form celebrated outstanding A Level results in 2017 with students achieving 84% A*-C grades, taking the school’s performance above the national average by nearly 7%. Our progress puts us second on the performance table in Barnet and with an ALPS score of a grade 2.
Our results and offer prove that our students work hard, aim high and deliver on their high expectations.
The education offered in Copthall’s Sixth Form is exciting, challenging and highly creative, enabling our students to access academic challenge. The curriculum offers students a wide range of courses, including A-Level subjects, BTEC options and vocational pathways alongside our extensive tutorial and PSHE programme.
Our Sixth Form team sees personal development and happiness as central to your success so that you can be the best you can possibly be and to go on in life as confident, independent and resilient young women.
Our 5 key promises to our students: We will provide…
- An academic provision: Curriculum offer, Extended Project Qualification, Oxbridge/Russell group programme, tutoring, lecture series and study skills;
- Scholarship opportunity: Specialising in STEM, coming soon 2018;
- Careers provision: Employer contact, 1:1 careers plan, Careers fair, Higher Education/Apprenticeship opportunities;
- Skills for life: Enrichment programme – skills and community based, Work experience, Uni-101, Summer schools & trips;
- Lead the way programme: Student Leadership team, Prefect team, lead on events & mentoring;
The Sixth Form Centre has a dedicated area for silent study where students spend their supervised study sessions and newly renovated, a vibrant, relaxing area with a Café, access to WIFI and an exclusive Sixth Form garden with table tennis. Other privileges include a comprehensive UCAS reference, enhanced C.V., team building events, social events, signing out privileges and our E-praise rewards system.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member of our Sixth Form.
Assistant Headteacher & Director of Sixth Form