Welcome to the Sociology Department.
The Sociology Department is within the Humanities Faculty.
The Examination board is AQA.
If you have any enquiries regarding studying Sociology at Copthall, please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sociology is an optional and popular choice for Years 12 and 13. The aim of the course is to create a ‘sociological imagination.’ Students will learn to see society from a sociological perspective, understanding that there are competing theories and solutions to social problems.
- Liquid Life by Zygmunt Bauman
- Slavoj Zizek – Marx reloaded
Ulrich Beck – the Risk society
The Sociology Review published by Phillip Allan
For further information look at the link to the AQA website.
Careers & Employment
A degree from the Department of Sociology will prepare you for careers in fields such as:
- Police and probation services
- Local and central government
- Social and market research
- Charitable, counselling and voluntary organisations
- Public relations, journalism and communications
- Media and marketing