Our School App Stay connected on the go...
STEM is coming to Copthall!
In September 2018 Copthall School will be launching a very special and exciting new programme - our STEM Scholars' Programme. This brand new bespoke programme is designed to encourage and support our students to aspire to work in predominately male STEM sectors.
- Be mentored by a STEM professional - this will involve face to face and e-mentoring
- Attend regular meetings with the STEM programme lead and form tutors
- Participate in STEM challenges across the year
- Students in the upper school will have access to bespoke items such as the Oxbridge programme, career specific mentor and work experience.
Students will also:
- Have access to an amazing new App we are designing which will allow students to record their achievements and progress (much like the historical school passport) by registering their ‘badges’ earnt when they pass a chosen module
- Have internal and external workshops such as: forensic science CSI event, NASA Space balloon launch, STEM Escape Room, Anatomy Live, and Target Mars event, as well as a Fashion, Art and STEM event
- Complete a year-long project around a subject area of their choice
- Present at a STEM Fair at the end of the academic year - showcasing their projects and milestones through the year
- Attend the year end awards evening where students will be awarded for their accomplishments. One outstanding student will receive a “Young Nobel Prize”. It could be you!