Exam success hints and tips for students:
- Arrive 15 mins to 30 mins prior to the start of the exam. Refrain from bringing mobile phones, digital watches and/or any type of electronic communication or storage device into the exam room. If found in possession during an examination (even if it is turned off) we are obliged to report the infringement to the awarding body.
- IDs must be placed face up on the exam table next to the seat number so that the invigilator can check them without disturbing students.
- Water bottles must be clear of any markings or labels.
- Ensure you have all the correct equipment before your exams. For Mathematics and Science exams, students should ensure their calculators conform to examinations regulations. The cover should be removed and left with your possessions. ENSURE YOU HAVE NEW BATTERIES.
- Do not draw graffiti or write offensive comments on examination papers – if you do the examination board may refuse to accept your paper.
- Please do not write on examination desks. This is regarded as vandalism and you will be asked to pay for the repair/ cleaning.
- Students are expected to behave in a respectful manner towards all invigilators and follow their instructions at all times.
- As most of the exams are quite long, it is advisable that you have a snack and preferably a bottle of water (without the label) with you if you have more than one exam in one day. Please note you cannot eat in the exam hall but you are allowed a bottle of water.
Certificates from Summer 2018 and 2017 Exams are now available for collection from the school reception.
Certificates can be collected from the main reception from:
Monday to Friday between 10:00 and 13:30
It is your responsibility to collect your certificates on time. If you are a past student and failed to collect your certificates from before the time mentioned above, please contact the relevant exam boards to request for replacement certificates.
If you are an ex-student, please make sure you bring a valid photo ID when collecting your certificates.
All certificate collections must be signed for by the recipient. If you are unable to attend in person you can nominate a third party to do so on your behalf. Please email Mrs Cortese with your third party details. When collecting the named third party must have valid ID with them that will be same as the ID details mentioned in your email. We also need a letter from you giving permission that will contain your signature, and a copy of your photo ID with signature.
Please send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have lost your certificates or did not collect them and they have now been destroyed you will have to contact the individual exam boards for copies (AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC). The school can let you have a statement of results printed, please note that we may not have results prior to 2006. Please email Mrs Cortese with your full name, DOB and the year you last sat exams. It is a lengthy process to access the archives so please allow up to 28 days for a reply.
Please click on this link for a fantastic resource to help you study and be successful in your exams. http://www.open.ac.uk/skillsforstudy/
|GCE Retakes Summer 2019 Fees||07th Jan 2019||Download|
|GCSE GCE Examinations Guidance Booklet 2018 2019||10th Oct 2018||Download|
|No Mobile Phones Poster 2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|SUMMER 2019 EXAM TIMETABLE GCSE||06th Mar 2019||Download|
|SUMMER 2019 EXAM TIMETABLE GCE||06th Mar 2019||Download|
|Warning to Candidates 2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for cands cswk.2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates written exams||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates social media 2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates NEA 2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates onscreen tests||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates Privacy Notice||05th Sep 2018||Download|