Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Some points to remind students:
- Arrive 15 mins to 30 mins prior to the start of the exam. Refrain from bringing mobile phones, digital watches and/or any type of electronic communication or storage device into the exam room. If found in possession during an examination (even if it is turned off) we are obliged to report the infringement to the awarding body.
- ID’s must be placed face up on the exam table next to the seat number so that the invigilator can check them without disturbing students.
- Water bottles must be clear of any markings or labels.
- Ensure you have all the correct equipment before your exams. For Mathematics and Science exams, students should ensure their calculators conform to examinations regulations. The cover should be removed and left with your possessions. ENSURE YOU HAVE NEW BATTERIES.
- Do not draw graffiti or write offensive comments on examination papers – if you do the examination board may refuse to accept your paper.
- Please do not write on examination desks. This is regarded as vandalism and you will be asked to pay for the repair/ cleaning.
- Students are expected to behave in a respectful manner towards all invigilators and follow their instructions at all times.
As most of the exams are quite long, it is advisable that you have a snack and preferably a bottle of water (without the label) with you if you have more than one exam in one day. Please note you cannot eat in the exam hall but you are allowed a bottle of water.
Students who have queries regarding exams certificates should contact Mrs Cortese in the exams office on a Wednesday only.
Certificates for the last summer exams are now ready for collection. Current students can collect their certificates on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday between 09:30 and 15:00.
If you are no longer a student of the school please send an email to Mrs Cortese via enquiries containing your full name, DOB, candidate number and the year you last sat exams so that we can check our archives. Please allow at least three working days for us to locate your certificates and call Mrs Cortese in the Exams Office to organise a time to collect your certificates. You will need to present valid photo ID when collecting your certificates.
If you have not collected your certificates for past exams, please note that the school is no longer required to store these indefinitely on your behalf. The Exam Boards’ requirement is that we hold certificates for a year. As a gesture of good will the school will extend this to two years.
All certificate collections must be signed for by the recipient. If you are unable to attend in person you can nominate a third party to do so on your behalf; please email Mrs Cortese with your third party details. When collecting the named third party must have valid ID with them that will be same as the ID details mentioned in your email. We also need a letter from you giving permission that will contain your signature, and a copy of your photo ID with signature.
If you have lost your certificates or did not collect them and they have now been destroyed you will have to contact the individual exam boards for copies (AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC). The school can let you have a statement of results printed, please note that we may not have results going beyond 2006. Please email Mrs Cortese with your full name, DOB and the year you last sat exams. It is a lengthy process to access the archives so please allow up to 28 days for a reply.
Please click on this link for a fantastic resource to help you study and be successful in your exams. http://www.open.ac.uk/skillsforstudy/
|GCSE Nov Retakes.pdf||10th Sep 2018||Download|
|No Mobile Phones Poster 2018-2109.pdf||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Warning to Candidates 2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for cands cswk.2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates written exams.pdf||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates social media 2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates NEA 2018-2019||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Examinations booklet 2018-2019||21st Jun 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates onscreen tests.pdf||05th Sep 2018||Download|
|Information for candidates Privacy Notice.pdf||05th Sep 2018||Download|