IT Technician ApprenticeBack to Vacancies
Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
IT Technician Apprentice
37.5 Hours per week
£15k per annum
Please contact Annie Bruce on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3355 8810
About the company:
As a girls’ non-selective comprehensive academy, Copthall offers the rare opportunity of single-sex education for students of all abilities. We are a values-driven school which was noted by Osfted inspectors in May 2018 when they commented “The school’s values of respect, equality for all, support and safety, aspiration and responsibility underpin this improving school.
Many girls stay on to join our vibrant Sixth Form, from where the vast majority progress to higher education, with a number achieving places at Russell Group universities. In addition, the school also offers a strong and varied vocational curriculum. “Students benefit from strong teaching and outcomes, which are rigorously checked by effective leadership in the sixth form”. Ofsted 2018.
Brief job description:
Copthall School seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated IT Technician Apprentice with exceptional interpersonal skills. The successful applicant will work alongside the IT Infrastructure Team providing a comprehensive and responsive technical support service across the school. You will provide an efficient and customer focused IT support service. You will have an interest and knowledge in IT, with a keenness to learn and develop through your apprenticeship training and under the expert guidance of the Systems & Network Manager.
•This is an exciting time to join the IT Support Team at our school. Working within the team, you will be the first point of contact for all requests, which includes supporting IT and AV systems, end-user support and troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Being responsible for maintaining local IT infrastructure and supporting all aspects of teaching and learning, operational requirements and administrative support, across the School.
- Working alongside the Infrastructure Team in the provision and management of a comprehensive and responsive technical support service for local IT services and facilities by responding to assisting users, overseeing the administration of accounts and managing associated equipment.
- Ensure the School’s digital signage system is in good working order at all times.
- Supporting the development of technology for teaching, learning, communication and administrative functions.
- Assisting the IT Infrastructure Team to provide IT support to assigned sites across the School.
- Under the direction of the Systems & Network Manager, supporting the installation, maintenance, availability and security of the school’s network, hardware and software.
- Monitoring and responding to all tickets which are logged via the helpdesk across relevant sites. Initially resolving tickets with guidance from the IT Infrastructure Manager(s) but ultimately progressing to working independently and escalating only more complex tickets to the Systems & Network Manager(s).
- Ensuring classroom IT is maintained and ready to be used. This includes projector maintenance/configuration, interactive whiteboard connectivity and audio.
- Managing and assisting as necessary in the setup of audio visual equipment, as needed in assemblies, school performances, etc.
- Demonstrating and/or setting up IT, media equipment and facilities as required by the School.
- Maintenance of staff devices, ensuring both software and hardware are working so lessons can be delivered.
- Maintenance of student devices. This will require termly checks on the iPad/laptops and IT suites to ensure they fully function for students to use.
- Ownership and maintenance of key day to day services, including but not limited to: managed print hardware and software, access control and Visitors management software.
- Managing and monitoring the schools e-safety/filtering software.
- Ensuring new and existing accounts are working within the school’s local network.
- Being able to re-image any device using the school’s reimaging solution.
- Arranging the collection and delivery of repairable items.
- Keeping an accurate and up to date asset register, and arranging for disposal of equipment as per WEEE and school procedures/policies.
- Supporting the staff in low level training which will help their knowledge and use of IT within the School, including Cloud services such as Office 365.
- Acting accordingly and responding quickly to any abuse to the IT infrastructure.
- Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows and Apple client operating systems.
- Basic understanding of computer network fundamentals and computer components.
- Experience and knowledge with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proactive and keen learner, with a willingness to undertake further training and professional development.
- Ability to prioritise workload and operate without direct supervision.
- Ability to manage maintenance and repair procedures.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Track record of excellent punctuality and attendance at work.
- Self-motivation and personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and quality standards.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing workloads demands and new school challenges.
- Personal commitment to ensure services are equally accessible and appropriate to the diverse needs of the service users.
- Personal commitment to continuous self-development.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
Please see link below for more details of post
|***** Safeguarding Child Protection policy 2018 *****||07th Feb 2019||Download|