Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Some points to remind students:
- Arrive 15 mins to 30 mins prior to the start of the exam. Refrain from bringing mobile phones, digital watches and/or any type of electronic communication or storage device into the exam room. If found in possession during an examination (even if it is turned off) we are obliged to report the infringement to the awarding body.
- ID’s must be placed face up on the exam table next to the seat number so that the invigilator can check them without disturbing students.
- Water bottles must be clear of any markings or labels.
- Ensure you have all the correct equipment before your exams. For Mathematics and Science exams, students should ensure their calculators conform to examinations regulations. The cover should be removed and left with your possessions. ENSURE YOU HAVE NEW BATTERIES.
- Do not draw graffiti or write offensive comments on examination papers – if you do the examination board may refuse to accept your paper.
- Please do not write on examination desks. This is regarded as vandalism and you will be asked to pay for the repair/ cleaning.
- Students are expected to behave in a respectful manner towards all invigilators and follow their instructions at all times.
As most of the exams are quite long, it is advisable that you have a snack and preferably a bottle of water (without the label) with you if you have more than one exam in one day. Please note you cannot eat in the exam hall but you are allowed a bottle of water.
Students who have queries regarding exams certificates should contact Mrs Cortese in the exams office on a Wednesday only.
Please click on this link for a fantastic resource to help you study and be successful in your exams. http://www.open.ac.uk/skillsforstudy/